Pages

Friday 20 December 2013

December Card Class

Well I can't believe how fast this year is going by and this is my December Card Class already. Well I must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed starting up my classes and have a lovely little gang of little crafters at my table each month and we thoroughly have a ball creating and chatting together so a big Merry Christmas to my lovely ladies .. Jean, Esther, Chrissy, Eileen, Linda & Lucy and here is to more classes to enjoy your company and creativeness and thank you for joining me on my Stampin' Up! journey been a new demonstrator this year xx


Well enough of the natter and lets get onto the lovely projects we made at class..



2014 Calendar Project

This is a simple but lovely little calendar that would look great on anyone's craft desk throughout the year. It is simply made using the largest of the framelet die for the background card and this was stamped with the fabulous Mixed Bunch stamp set to create the background and layered with one of the middle sized matching framelets in Bermuda Bay card stock (one of my favourite colours at the moment) then topped with a little calendar on the top. I must say after trawling the shops for little calendars to no avail I sat printing and snipping and after a good long hour had created my own lol... think my ladies were glad they didn't have to make one themselves ha ha. The calendar self stands with simply a little stand at the back which was also stamped to match the front of the item.. it was simply a piece of card about 2 inches wide and 20cm long scored at 2, 4, 6 & 13 then fastened together to make a little stand.

 

 
ITEMS USED
(click product to buy online)
 

Table built using Stampin' Up! Product Table Builder from The Crafty Owl.
 
 
 
 

Love Bird Card

I was inspired by the lovely Dawn Griffiths one of my demo ladies in the USA who made a similar card with the new valentine set that has an Eiffel tower in, I changed the image to this lovely love bird which is in one of the new Valentine sets.

The card is simply a top fold regular SU blank card and the front section is scored in half and folded up so folded edge is facing the bottom, the black card was embossed and punched out with a punch then stuck onto the back of the folded front section which enabled you to emboss the top and bottom of the card too.. I used one of the matching images to the punch on the lovely Hello Lovely stamp sets and simply lined up the image to the punched section to form the stopped for the card when stands up.  The black polka dot ribbon is gorgeous and was on the recent discounted products list.  The image was simply coloured with the markers straight onto the stamp to enable it to be stamped in more than one colour.  If you are going to copy the style of this card I would just add that I would have perhaps punched the shape a little higher and to the left more as the corner section left was a little flimsy.





 
ITEMS USED
 
(click product to buy online)
 
 
Table built using Stampin' Up! Product Table Builder from The Crafty Owl.
 
 
 
 
Velum Alphabet card
 
This card is really colourful and I think you will agree the recipient will be smiling when receives this one as a thank you for a Christmas gift or just a note of thanks.. It is using velum embossed to give texture and the gorgeous Morning Post alphabet stamps simply stamped and cut out (oh boy do you appreciate the punches when have to cut out, it was probably the only quiet moment in class ha ha) the different colours used makes it a really bright and lovely card.  The little flower was punched from the Blossom punch and is the smallest of 3 flower layers (one of my favourite punches - so many uses) then topped with a pearl. 
 

 
ITEMS USED
(click product to buy online)
 
 
Table built using Stampin' Up! Product Table Builder from The Crafty Owl.
 
For any SU Demonstrator's interested in using the brilliant Product Table Builder above, the link to their site with all the details of this item is shown here click here and is just such a time saving brilliant item for your blog entries.
 
 
 
Have a super Christmas and thank you for looking at my blog today
 
Jo. xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.