Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2019

Tuesday Class - Welcome to 2019

Well after a busy December where we skipped a class as everyone was getting ready for Christmas - I am here to say Happy New Year to all my friends, blog readers and customers.

Here is my first class of 2019 and some lovely items we made today, my ladies loved the banter, craft and cake and we had a thoroughly crafty time..




Our First card was made using the new Sale-a-bration set Oh Hoppy Day, oh this froggy is so cute certainly my favourite set in the free stamp sets on offer this promotion.

I saw the original shape card on a youtube video but was all USA sizing marked out in inches which gets a little tricky on our UK cutting board so I created my own version using cm so it was a little easier to make.  I created a template for the scoring and cutting section of the card so that if you were making multiple cards all together you can cheat using the template and cut the slits out with scissors for speedy cardmaking.  

My ladies loved the shape of the card and always like a challenge - I was a good teacher and did all the scoring and cutting ready as a full class and would save some time, I made a pictured instruction sheet so that my ladies could make this from scratch again at home without the time restraints of the class.

I added some googly eyes that I had in my craft stash which gave him that alive look and made him look cheeky, I used a good little trick on the ribbon whereby I popped a brad through the ribbon and card then simply added the button badge of the butterfly on a mini dimension to help it stick on and stand out 3D.  Images were coloured in with the stampin markers in in-colours to match the colour theme of the papers and card used, a lovely card for any age and can be made into male or female cards dependant on stamps and papers used.










Our second project was this great little fold close box that was simple to make and again I made an instruction sheet so it could be made again and again.  The top is origami folded card that is quick to do and folds closed without glue so it looked neat to close up.

The papers used are from the Bloom by Bloom collection and they are just adorable and match our last item which was a card made at Convention in Birmingham where we had a sneak peak of the new things to come which was great.  Here is the link for the youtube video by the lovely Sally Stampers I used for my instructions ..  shown here









Our final card for class was one that we made at Birmingham convention with the Bloom by Bloom stamp set, I do think this is one of my favourite collections in the new Spring / Summer catalogue and I saw someone make a butterfly with the largest flow stamps and it was amazing (maybe another class soon lol).

I am loving the sets of navy and white card blanks that come in this collection they are very crisp on the fold and the card is so smooth, lovely to stamp on and come with a tiny card and envelop in the set too.






I hope you have enjoyed my blog post today and if you live in the Hedon / Thorngumbald area and would be interested in coming to my classes drop me a text for details to come and join in the fun.   The class is £10 which includes all kits, tools, glue etc and tea / coffee / cake too it starts around 1000 and finishes around 1300 so 3 hours of fun and crafting.

If you would like a catalogue let me know, you can view items available in the current catalogues by clicking the link below to view or order online straight to your door..

Don't forget it is Sale-a-bration too where for every £45 spent in the catalogues you can choose a free gift out the Sale-a-bration freebie booklet - super exciting!

Happy Crafting

Jo. xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.