Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2019

Tuesday Class

It was a long gap since classes this time round with my new work shift pattern can not fit in each 4 weeks like I have for the last 5 years seems weird having to organise them at staggered weeks.  Was lovely to see my ladies again seemed ages since the gang was together.  We had a new lady Shirley today too which was nice and she has booked for the next one so we never scared her off (we can get a bit loud ha ha).  

I concentrated on the new Spring Catalogue and Sale-a-bration sets for this months class and had put a show around the classroom of all my lovely swaps that I got from the swap recently that Monica organised for demonstrators to swap samples.





My first card is one of the lovely swaps I received made by the talented Anne Ronsky, I altered one stamp as did not have the one Anne used myself.  This is a layered and very effective card using the Incredible Like You stamp set with the added pink leaf in the corner from the Rooted in Nature stamp duo set.  I stamped the main red flower and made the layers pink with the wink of stella brush to make it two tone then realised that it had a background layer stamp that I could have simply stamped in pink.. will do that next time I make it but likely will look the same just be quicker to layer up ha ha.  We fussy cut with scissors the flowers and grass leaves that we layered up (appreciate where stamp sets have punches and framelets) It truly looked very posh and again a thank you to the talented Anne Ronsky for her swap that I used as inspiration.






My second card is a "Man Card" although I am more a tomboy than a girly girl I do find that I head to the flowery stamp sets first as a rule as I like the colour combinations with the colouring of flowers.  Saying that I enjoyed making this grunge style Garage themed card with all the layers of the cogs and stamping.  I always make Martyn laugh when we get new car or bike stamps as I always ask him if it is a proper car or a made up one.  This one for your information is a Shelby Mustang.  I used a combination of 12x12 DSP from the Best Route papers and the new papers in the Spring Catalogue called Classic Garage for the background. I love the little box of metal embellishments that comes with this collection where you get little spanners and keys they are very sweet and looked good with the apt greeting stamp.









My last card is a fabulous explosion pop up card which I got the idea from Dawn Griffiths an American demo, I love what she creates and often can be found lurking on her you tube channel for inspiration.

The card is slightly different size to the UK normal C6 card it measures 11 x 10.5 cm appose to our normal length.  The inside is super simple and looks amazing when you open the card.  It is simply a piece of whisper white thin card stock cut 6x6 inches and then folded both sides in and then the corner to corner folded on one diagonal only then making a mountain fold with the diagonal side fold it in like origami to make it pop out.  We used the gorgeous gingham DSP which I love it has lots of pastel colours in the pack and just the lilac we had enough to make 8 cards for class and still had one sheet of lilac left, it goes a long way.

The front is made with the Sale-a-bration Hello Cup Cake free stamp set (free gift with every £45 spent in the catalogues).  The cake was punched out with the 2 inch circle punch and then the gorgeous grape card was cut with the stitched frames circle framelet to make the layer.  


If you would like a catalogue let me know and I will send one direct to your door.  You can view all the catalogue online by clicking the links at the top of my Blog or the main catalogue has a link to click below.

Don't forget until the end of March it is Sale-a-bration too where for every £45 spent you are entitled to choose a free gift from the Sale-a-bration brochures.  Super exciting we all love a freebie..

Happy Crafting
Jo. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.